- How did you integrate technologies – software, hardware and online – in this project?
Software, Hardware, and Internet
We utilized hardware, software, and internet tools to complete our project. As for hardware, we used the podcast station as it contained the cameras, microphones, and the large orb light that allowed us to film the interview scene seamlessly. The other scenes only used our personal phones which allowed us to easily get quick shots and various angles.
When it came to software, iMovie was primarily what I used. I edited the lighting/brightness of the scenes and completed them within iMovie. Canva was used to make our credits and production logo more aesthetically pleasing. I used Mixkit to find sound effects such as keyboard typing and clapping to make the interview feel more like an in person studio session. We wanted to use Videobolt to animate our logo but we did not end up using it in our final product.
We also used internet tools to complete our product. YouTube videos were used in our glove scene to allow our space to look like an actual lab. Google Docs allowed us to collaboratively write and edit our script. And finally, my blog is what we used to present our project to Cambridge. Everything we used worked together to make our project feel more professional than just filmed clips compiled together.
For this project my production skills got a lot better because I had to actually do everything myself. I learned how to plan filming days, set up the podcast studio, and make sure the mise‑en‑scène looked right. I also improved at writing dialogue that sounds real and using things like silence or slow zooms to make moments feel heavier. Editing is where I grew the most, especially matching lighting, fixing brightness, and adding sound to build tension.
For the technology part, we used the podcast studio cameras, the mics, and the big globe light for the interview scene, and our phones for the other shots. I used iMovie to edit and fix the lighting, Canva for the credits and the logo, and Mixkit for sound effects. We were going to use Videobolt but didn’t end up needing it. Online tools helped too—YouTube for the microscope videos in the glove scene, Google Docs for the script, and my blog to show the final project to Cambridge.
No comments:
Post a Comment