Saturday, March 7, 2026

ccr question 3


  • How did your production skills develop throughout this project?

Hi, blog welcome back. 

I will be answering this question simply by walking outside.

Honestly, this project pushed my production skills way further than I expected because I had to dive in and do everything myself. Right off the bat, I got better at planning and leading my group. In the beginning, we were a bit all over the place, but I figured out how to set filming days, organize props, and keep everyone on the same page. Even picking locations and tweaking things in the podcast studio taught me to think ahead. Set design was another area where I grew a lot. Every time we filmed, I’d move stuff around, try out different angles, and mess with the background until it felt right. That glove scene, for example, really showed me how tiny details like tossing in YouTube microscope videos, medicine bottles, or using darker lighting can totally change how real a scene feels. Before doing this, I barely knew what mise-en-scène even meant, but now I get how much it shapes the mood. Scriptwriting got more interesting for me, too. I started writing dialogue that actually sounds like how people talk. I also learned how to use silence, slow zooms, or just a look to make a moment hit harder, instead of packing in a bunch of lines. But editing is where I improved the most. Patching the clips together, I noticed right away how lighting can make or break a scene. Some shots were way brighter than others, so I picked up tricks to match the brightness and keep things looking smooth. I threw in sound effects from Mixkit, used Canva for the credits, and all that made the opening look way more put together. I got the hang of pacing, picking the best takes, and setting the right mood for the interview scene. Working with my group taught me a lot, too. We split up editing Jalin took care of credits, Santi worked on the main sequence, and I focused on lighting and mood. Watching their process helped me get better at working with others and giving feedback. At the end of the day, I went from knowing almost nothing to actually understanding how planning, set design, writing, sound, and editing all fit together to make something that works.




 


No comments:

Post a Comment

final refection

Finishing this project honestly feels like a huge relief. It took many days of planning, filming, fixing mistakes, and stressing over little...