Tuesday, October 7, 2025

Sound project #1 and #2:

 Project Directions:

For this project, we had to create a short soundscape that told a story using only sound effects no visuals or dialogue. The goal was to capture a full scene and help the listener imagine what was happening just by hearing the sounds. We started by brainstorming a short 1 to 2 minute scene that could happen in real time. Then we planned out all the noises that would make the story clear, like footsteps, background sounds, or objects being used.

My Approach:
When I started brainstorming, I decided on a “Volcano Eruption and Jungle Escape” theme. I pictured a calm jungle that suddenly erupts into chaos when a volcano awakens. I made a list of every sound I needed, from birds and wind to rumbling lava and footsteps.

Outline and Organization:
My outline helped me break the story into three parts:

  1. Calm before the eruption

  2. The volcano awakening

  3. The escape scene

This structure made it easier to record and layer the right sounds in order.


Editing Resources Used:
I used clip champ to cut fade and mix the clips. I adjusted the volume of certain effects to make them sound distant or close.

Reflection:
I think we did well with blending different sound layers smoothly. The timing between the rumble and the eruption felt natural. I’d like to improve my foley but overall, it was cool I liked the plot a lot.

ArangoRosario_foley_per2



Project Directions:
For this project, we created a video that told a short story using sound. It was an expansion of an earlier project, and this time we focused on adding sound effects and music to match the visuals. We planned out all the noises, recorded some ourselves using Foley techniques, and layered them with other sounds to make the scene feel realistic. The goal was to make viewers better understand the story.

My Approach:
My story was about a school kid at lunch who gets really bad food. I wanted to make it serious but also relatable. During brainstorming, I thought about what sounds would make the scene feel real like, kids talking, footsteps, and school cafeteria noise.

Outline and Organization:
My outline helped me match each sound to what was happening in the video. For example, I planned when the lunch tray hit the table, and when the sniffing reaction happened. This organization helped me line up the sounds with perfect timing.

Editing Resource Used:
I used clip cham again for most of the sound editing, and I synced the audio with my video, I made sure to adjust timing and volume, so each effect matched the action.

Reflection:
I think I did a great job capturing the word of the scene and syncing the sounds with the video. The eating and reaction sounds made it come alive. one thing was that the video was not meant for sound so me and Jalin tried to make it, so it did not need sound that was the only downside.

OWFSound_Arango

No comments:

Post a Comment

final refection

Finishing this project honestly feels like a huge relief. It took many days of planning, filming, fixing mistakes, and stressing over little...